History

A HISTORY OF MORE THAN FOUR DECADES TO THE SERVICE OF THE PRODUCTIVE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY

  • 1935: Jacard & Pérez Ltd. is born, and starts up as an Import and Trading company as well as a Domestic Fruit export company. The founders, Alberto Pérez and José Jacard, with a vision towards the future, perceived what today is a reality: the opening up to international trade. Shortly after, this allowed for the business expansion to the field of import of Machinery and Lubricant oils.
  • 1947: Jacard & Pérez Ltd. expands its activities. It starts to operate a Wool and Spinning Textile Industry.
  • 1961: The Chemical Product Import Division is created.
  • 1963: Pérez & Jacard Ltd. is born, a family owned company aimed at the being the Representative Agent and Distributor for various Industrial Raw Materials Chemical Products companies.
  • 1975: Dipromat Ltd. is created and in 1983 it becomes Distribuidora Portland S.A. Its main goal is to develop the sales and the distribution of the imported goods.